Saturday, July 12, 2008

Apple Wedge - 6 x 8"


Still Life painting is by far my favorite... I love being able to place whatever I want in front of me, without having a model fidgeting or outdoor light constantly changing as I'm painting. I also, for whatever reason, tend to lean towards food... some people say my paintings are making them hungry whenever they're around them!

I particularly love painting apples... maybe it's their easy-to-work-with shape, but I like seeing the color variety within an apple. And this one is no exception. I had a nice, juicy apple in hand, and as I was cutting it in wedges, I thought "Hey, this is a pretty nice composition!". So I took it up to my studio, and the result is what you see here.

This painting can be purchased through my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...