Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SOLD - "Play the Chessmaster" - 9 x 12"


Anyone who's visited Harvard Square (Cambridge, MA) in the summertime is undoubtedly familiar with the following scene. I snapped some photos a few years back, and always thought this one would make a great subject for a painting. This "chessmaster" has been immortalized in photos by many photographers, and now he's made it into one of my oil paintings!

This time, I also thought it would be nice to take photos of the painting-in-progress. Hopefully you enjoy this little slideshow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! Absolutely amazingly done!!

Lynn Cyr said...

Thank you so much!! I've been experimenting with a "looser" style lately, and this one was challenging. But I'm happy with the end result! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...