Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a very, very busy last couple of months, to say the least. Which explains the lack of updates on my blog! With the launch of my brand new website (finally, after 10+ years!), lots of interesting work projects, and the holidays (spent in sunny California!), it's no wonder I haven't been here much.

But it's a new year, filled with new goals! One of them, not surprisingly, is to paint more. Not only paint more, but paint better. I've semi-decided to start following the recent trend of "daily paintings". Now with my busy schedule, I don't see this happening (and no, I'm not a pessimist... just being realistic!). If I can manage to squeeze in a new (small) painting every 2 days or so, that would be a great start (I already stocked up on some small canvases during my last trip to Boston!)

Just go to Google and search for "daily painting" or "daily painter", and you'll no doubt find hundreds of artists out there doing this exact thing. What does Daily Painting do for an artist? The way I see it, it's a good way to hone your observation skills, and not worry about every single detail of a painting. My goal is to become a bit more "painterly" in my technique, and I feel like this would help get me started. My favorite daily painters, by the way... are Carol Marine, Michael Naples, and Qiang Huang, just to name a few. And it's really hard to just name a few :)

These small paintings are not meant to replace my usual work. And I have a number of new paintings which need to be added here - hopefully within the next few days. So keep an eye out!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...